Monday, October 16, 2006

Slowly Coming Back to Center

I am finally finding myself getting back in control of my life. I spent a huge portion of the weekend just cleaning up the clutter in my world, both literal and figurative. It's amazing to me how just putting away the laundry makes me feel better about the universe. I am no where near where I would like to be, as is evidenced by the three bags sitting to my left that still need to be put away from my long weekend a while ago, but at least they aren't in the living room anymore.

It also helps that my boss is out of town for the week. Again. This gives me a lot of time to really explore my job and read old files to understand better what my role in the department is. I actually felt a feeling of relief this past Wednesday during a meeting when he told me that I was doing a phenomenal job and he was truly impressed that I have caught on to the department so quickly.

It's so nice to be appreciated!!