Monday, October 09, 2006

In Love with Franklin

I had a glorious weekend away with five great ladies! A lot of fun, a lot of laughing, a lot of drinks and very little scrapbooking accomplished.

It was almost tarnished, however, upon the realization that I am in love with Franklin!

Who is Franklin? Franklin is my lifeline and I now know that I can't live without him, or at least I can't live for very long without him. Yes, Franklin is my day planner that I am supposed to take with me everywhere I go. I accidentally left it on my desk on the last day of my week before my long weekend away. I thought I could go without it, but by dinner on Thursday, I was almost in a cold sweat over it. That thing holds my entire life's existence - all of my business stuff, all of my to-do lists, ideas that I jot down, an occasional journal entry, goals, finances, EVERYTHING!

I was so distraught over this seemingly unimportant thing that I found myself up at 6 a.m. on Friday morning seriously contemplating driving BACK to Denver from the mountains, just to go in to work and get the stupid thing.

I won't even go into the enormous feeling of calm that came over me on Monday morning when I arrived at my desk and saw my wonderful Franklin waiting there for me. . .

I need a life!!