Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I'm now visible

Well, my first post since admitting to some of my closest friends what my blog address is. Now it's sort of scary knowing that people will be reading this. OK, maybe not so much scary, just a certain sense of awareness.

It snowed in Denver today pretty much all day, but nothing has really stuck to the ground and nothing accumulated on the streets. Of course, you would have thought that the world's worst blizzard had hit with the way people were driving. Over-cautious to the point of dangerous - oh, and don't get me started on the blue hair that was trying to navigate (I use that word loosely) the roundabouts near where I work. That was probably the most scared that I've been in quite a while.

And while I'm thinking about it, what purpose do roundabouts serve? Seriously. I've seen more near misses, and know several people not fortunate enough to only have a near miss, than I think should be allowed under DOT laws. Were they invented to keep insurance adjusters and tow truck drivers in the lifestyles to which they have become accustomed? Just put in a 4-way stop people - it's so much easier. Although not as commical, when you're perched in the 3rd floor bistro at work, watching it all unfold from a safe distance. Now that's entertainment when you're supposed to be working.

Sick mind, Sick mind!