Monday, January 21, 2008

New Year, New Me

OK, so it's already more than halfway through January and I still haven't done anything to update my blog, but, hey, I've been crazy-busy!

Now that things are back to just busy (as opposed to crazy-busy), I can take the time to update things. 2007 was a year of change for me and now that I've had a little time to look back on what happened, I am happy to report that all of the changes were very good for me personally, as well as professionally. Things are all going in the direction that I want them to go and I'm really excited about what 2008 will bring.

My business is starting to hit it's stride and things are becoming automatic for me, which is a huge blessing and now allows me a lot more freedom with my time then I thought. I can get everything done that I need to and still have time for myself, my friends, and my family. Not only that, but I had a personal best in sales and began to build my team, which will create some stability and a foundation for a prosperous future. It has so far been a challenging and fascinating journey, learning to be a leader and I am enjoying my role not only with my downline, but also on the bigger "stage" that facilitating trainings and meetings bring. There is so far no where to go but up with this amazing opportunity that I jumped into just 2 short years ago. I feel like I have really come into myself, learning so much more than I thought possible and realizing that there is more to life than the small circles that I was once a part of. There are many to be helped and there is nothing more rewarding than the thank you that I get when something that I have said or taught ends up changing or improving someone else's life.

My day job is still in a lot of transition right now as we go through the pains of being merged with another company, which should be complete in the first half of the year. I think that the change will be a great wake-up call for some that have become complacent with regard to their position in the company and will also offer a lot of room for growth for me personally, as I have been informed that the new company has already shown interest in moving me to a position that better fits my skill set. This will also be a great time to negotiate a better work schedule for myself so that I will have even more time to devote to my business and be able to watch it grow at an even faster pace.

2007 brought a closeness with my family that we haven't had in quite a while. There were a few months of tension and stress, but things are now coming full circle to where there is better understanding of each other and what we all need (and don't need) from each other. Hopefully this will continue in the same direction and I foresee some major changes in the players.

As for my personal life, which I know everyone is always so worried about, it is going quite well and I am enjoying all of the things that a single, unattached girl can in a big metropolis, including those fun one-on-one social interactions with those of the opposite sex. Yes, readers and worriers, that would mean dating. Gasp! Only time will tell whether the fish on the line gets hauled into the boat, or whether I let him get away - I am hoping for the former and not the latter!

There were a few chapters in my life that I had to close the proverbial book on and though it was quite painful, the further I get from the situations, the more I know that I made the right decision. My stress level has dropped tremendously each time I separated myself from something that I knew deep down wasn't working for me and ironically, I have found even more time for some of my life pleasures that I thought I no longer wanted to do anymore. The creativity and passion that I once felt is now coming back and I am enjoying my "craftiness" once again. I am even starting to feel the writing bug once again and that voice has been silent for many years. The ideas seem to be flooding into my head and I am enjoying getting them down. Sadly, I miss the people that I had to say goodbye to, as well as a few fun activities that I will no longer be a part of, but I know that there will always be fun memories to draw upon.

2008 looks to be a glorious year in many ways for me and I wake up every day feeling blessed to be a part of many things that I know are greater than myself, but that I contribute to on a regular basis!