Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Rental Life

OK - so I know that I am constantly hating the fact that I only rent and don't have a mortgage of my own. Yet. But there are certainly a few perks to this lifestyle. The main one being that in the even that anything breaks down, I just call someone else and they come and take care of it.

For example - my thermostat will not keep the heat at a human temperature. Don't know why. Don't care. I have the thing set at 79. It still hovers around 60. So, I call and the maintenance maid comes out and tells me that occasionally air bubbles get into the system and so it doesn't work properly. OK fine, just fix it.

Then, this morning, no hot water. None. So, no shower for me - and I can't tell you how icky I've felt all day. I could have run to the gym and showered, but I was running out of time and was going to be late for work. Now I know better than to not doing morning chores in their proper order. If I'd have just gotten in the shower as soon as I woke up, I would have known about this issue and could have gone to the gym. But no - I've developed a terrible habit of doing everything else in the morning first, then rushing to shower and get out the door on time. No more - need to get back into the good habits and out of the bad ones.

So, I had to have maintenance come again to fix that problem. Now I'm waiting for the water to heat up so I can shower. And then probably just go to bed, since I'm so dang tired from dealing with shipping companies today.