Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Freak Flag

I sent an email to a friend earlier, asking about a magazine subscription that I had bought from her daughter a little while back. Haven't received an issue yet, but I also can't remember the time frame that they gave for when the first one will start.

That goofy little email got me thinking about my incredibly ecclectic assortment of magazine subscriptions and how you can really get to know someone based on what they subscribe to. So, here's a little more about me, my "freak flag", if you will, based on my magazines:

1. Cosmo - the woman's bible (and a tax write-off from here on out!)
2. Creating Keepsakes - gotta stay current with the trends - even though I hardly read it.
3. Kiplinger's Financial - I need to get my financial house in order. And it's starting to work!
4. Money Magazine - I need to learn as much as possible, clearly.
5. Consumer Reports - Hey, I'm a woman, and technically we don't care about money, we care about the things that money can buy us, so I might as well be buying the good stuff, right?
6. Time Magazine - because I'm a poli-sci minor and we're supposed to subscribe to this. Actually, I'd prefer to get The Economist, but it's too dang expensive!
7. The Historian - it's techically a book that comes out every quarter with historical articles written by members of Phi Alpha Theta, the honor society for history majors (which I am actually a member of!!).
8. Better Homes and Gardens - I don't even know why I get this - probably because it was cheap.
9. Martha Stewart Living - this one occasionally has a neat idea or two.

That's all I can remember off the top of my head. I'm sure there are more. Notice that there aren't any health magazines? Or food magazines? Maybe that's a clue as to why those to areas of my life are seriously lacking right now. Hmmm. Off to look for and exercise magazine. Any good cooking mags out there? That use normal ingredients?