Friday, May 19, 2006

I Can't Believe I Forgot

to post in huge letters that I'M FINISHED WITH COLLEGE. Yes, it's true, I have finally caught up witht he holy grail of educational acheivements. At least to me!!

I had an open house at my parents house, which was very nice until my aunt and my grandfather (who's 96, mind you), practically got into a fisticuffs over having to be around one another. I knew there would be a little tension, but didn't think it would be that bad. Now my aunt is threatening to sue all of her siblings to ensure that she doesn't get cut out of the will. Let me tell ya - there ain't nothin' to be fightin' over - there's nothing left!! She's usually all talk and no action, but I can't tell you how exhausting it is to hear my mother rehash the day over and over and over and over and, well, you get the picture. But all in all, it was a very nice day, complete with visits from family that I haven't seen in quite a while.

The big event was on Mother's Day - yes, the school, in it's infinite wisdom decided to hold graduation on Mother's Day. What an event it was - 1300 graduates (thankfully, only about half showed up to walk) and a room at the convention center filled with thousands and thousands of people - what a nightmare. We didn't even walk in to the traditional "Pomp and Circumstance". Nope, it was some weird song that was being sung by a guy and a choir of young kids. The president of the university will be getting many angry emails from all of the graduates - and certainly from me. How lame. I was at least able to fein "sick mother" and leave right after my name was called, although I was interrogated by no less than three professors and a convention center worker as to why I was leaving. Sometimes it's good to have a sick mom!

It's so hard to fathom that I am truly done with school - although, I'm so ticked off that I didn't get to hear the right music that I might just have to go get my Master's degree, just so there will be another opportunity to hear it!