Wednesday, May 28, 2008

What I Wouldn't Give for a Yugo

Not sure how anyone else is feeling these days, but I'm about sick and tired of having to hand over a c-note just to fill up my gas tank. I'm scared to run a Quicken report to see exactly how much I've spent in the last month.

Now, clearly, part of the problem is that I don't live my life in one small little area of a suburban town - I actually go out and get things done outside of my own neighborhood. And this practice is rapidly changing, NOT because I want, but because I'm being forced to.

The biggest problem of all, however, is my HUGE car - I drive a Ford Expedition. This thing goes through gas like nothing I've ever experienced. Ever. The last time I put a full tank of gas in, it cost me $91 and some change. Ouch!! There are, of course, some options to remedy this problem:
1. Get rid of the big tank and go back to a much smaller sedan - this one won't work because the whole reason I got it was to be able to expand my business and carry more stock for parties.
2. Get rid of the business, thus getting rid of the reason to justify a big car - not gonna happen. I like my business too much and can't imagine not being a part of it. My business has truly become part of my personal identity and I have met a lot of great people. I've met my closest friends through this business, the best friends I've had in my adult life.
3. Start looking for a small, second car. Yep, I think this is the option that I am going to go for. Maybe even a hybrid [gasp]! There's really no need to drive my big car on days when I don't have a party, so this seems to be the best solution. And, I'll get a multi-car discount.

So, now I get to try and find a smaller sedan - something that will get me from Point A to Point B without having to take out a loan.

Anybody got a Yugo for sale?