Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Ten Words

I was given an assignment by a friend of mine to come up with ten words that start with the letter 'R'. Then I also have to explain why I chose that particular word. So, here we go:

Reason - there is a reason that everything happens. Even the bad things. We may never understand or even know the reason, but it's out there and at some point we will all be better for all of those unexplained things that happen to us.

Right - From the immortal words of Professor Dumbledore, "the time will come when one will have to chose between what is right and what is easy." I think this phrase sums up everything I have experienced in my world over the last 3 or so years. And I dare anyone to argue the point with me.

Rich - We all dream of being rich, but I think that we forget to define the word. It means so many different things. I have realized, slowly, but surely, that although my bank balances dip into the red zone more often than I would like, I am still rich. I have a job. I have a wonderful business opportunity. I have family and friends that I know support and respect me - and even a few that I know love me. I have a place to lay my head at night, a pantry filled with too much food, a car that runs, pets that adore me, and aspirations to motivate me. I am rich in every sense of the word.

Resourceful - It seems that whenever a challenge comes my way, things all fall into place and I end up on my feet. Hmm, maybe I live a more charmed life then I give credit.

Relax - this is certainly a state of being that I am always striving for. Happily, I think that I am at my most relaxed when I am at full speed. I seem to thrive on getting it all done with seconds to spare. I wonder what it's like to get things done ahead of time.

Relations - so many meanings for this particular word, as it relates to me and my life. With family. With friends. With business associates. With lovers. With those who may bless me in the future.

Reflection - I am starting to enjoy looking back on the path that my life has laid. For a long time, it was hard to reflect, but I am learning that there is something real to the phrase, "that which does not kill us, will make us stronger."

Real - I love the song by Trisha Yearwood "Real Live Woman". It's an anthem about how a woman comes into her own and realizes that she has more to give than a lot give credit for, that there is true love out there for everyone and that it's OK to not completely bend and break to unrealistic expectations.

Randy - I wouldn't be honest with myself and all of you if I didn't fess up to my wild side!

Ready - After a few rocky years of discovering who I am and where I want to go in my life, I think that I am officially ready to tackle all that will befall me in my enlightened future.