Saturday, November 04, 2006

The New Frontier

So, today was the first day of the rest of my life. I've made a few behind the scenes changes in the last few days, but today I ventured into. . .The Gym. I actually had a pretty good workout - may arms are going to be sore as soon as they come out of shock.

My cousin is a personal trainer and I finally asked for some advice on how to get my ass going in the opposite direction that it has been going for the last several months. I had to go to the doctor recently to get help with why I can't sleep at night, and of course, there was the required standing on the scale. I cried. No, really, I actually cried. I can't believe where that number is - and it's a far-cry from where I want it to be. Thus, the call to the aforementioned cousin.

Of course, that nasty little number (actually large, but no one but the nurse and I saw exactly how large) is probably the cause of a lot of my sleeping issues. So, it's time to deal with it. I'm clearly not getting any younger which means it is going to continue to get harder and harder to reach the look I want to have. And believe, me I see in my mind exactly what the image is and I WANT IT!!